5 Ways to Give Your Bathroom a Spa-Like Makeover
It would be every person’s dream to be able to enjoy a spa getaway each weekend. For practical and financial purposes, this dream is a bit out of reach for most of us. Fortunately, there is one dream that any person is capable of reaching: creating a spa-like bathroom that will put you in a relaxed mood and allow all of your cares and worries to melt away. Here are 5 affordable ways to do just that in any bathroom!
- Fill your bathroom with softness. Start by investing in oversized, fluffy towels. The higher their thread count, the softer to the touch they will be. Next, find an oversized robe that feels luxurious to the touch – whether it be made from cotton, silk, or another soft fabric. Make sure that you step out of your bathtub onto a plush bathmat. Regardless of which items you choose, make sure they have a calming, neutral color palette.
- Turn down the lights to engage your senses. If your bathroom is cursed with bright overhead lights, install a dimmer switch! Those harsh lights will instantly be transformed into seductive mood lighting. If you live in an apartment or rental home and cannot install a dimmer, get creative with alternate sources of lighting: sconces, small lamps, and tons of candles. If you do choose to use candles, make sure to choose ones that have a scent that is relaxing to your senses.
- Add a ventless fireplace in your bathroom. The idea of adding a ventless fireplace to your bathroom might seem extravagant, but there are many different types and sizes of ethanol and electric fireplaces. For example, there are corner units, wall mounted units, even tabletop fireplaces. The flickering flame of a fireplace creates an ideal ambiance for relaxation, and a ventless fireplace will add just enough warmth to your bathroom on a cold winter day to keep you toasty.
- Change out your showerhead. This is a quick and simple change that you can do yourself. There is something deliciously luxurious about a rainfall showerhead. They are less harsh and grating on the skin, which makes showering an enjoyable occasion. It’s not a costly investment either. A high quality showerhead will only cost between $40.00 and $50.00.
- Infuse your bathroom with art. Sadly, many people neglect to infuse their bathroom with a sense of personality. This is a shame when you consider how many hours of our lives we spend in the restroom. To create a spa-like atmosphere in your bathroom, choose a large piece of art in soothing colors that will tie your whole room together. If wall space is at a premium in your bathroom, then a decorative shower curtain offers an excellent alternative.
- Aldyn Miller