The Many Benefits of an Electric Fireplace
Every homeowner looks forward to the moments when they can stretch out their legs and relax in the comfort of their home. Of course, one way to add a bit of cozy into the room is by installing a fireplace. Today's trends slide away from the traditional furnace, making the best use of technology the current world has to offer. And since most appliances run on electricity, why not a fireplace? An electric fireplace, despite not having the images and cackles of the wooden logs burning on a stove, can produce enough heat to keep you warm inside your beloved nest.
An electric fireplace offers many benefits; you'd be surprised to know how this could actually fit your needs and wants.
- It doesn't produce any fumes. Instead of throwing logs and keeping the embers alive, your electric fireplace is powered by a cord which you can easily plug into your common wall outlet. No more storing of coals and firewood. You just turn it on, and your fireplace will create that tempered heat, just the way you want it. Some feature lights and imagery that showcases realistic flames atop sculpted burning logs.
- It requires low maintenance. As opposed to a traditional fireplace, an electric fireplace does not demand much of your time. When you burn wood with fire on a traditional furnace, fumes and ash are created, along with the unwanted smoke that requires a vent in the house. You will need a chimney, and a regular cleaning session to keep the debris off your beloved carpets and furniture. All these efforts are not needed when you choose an electric fireplace.
- It is energy efficient. Recognize your utility bills skyrocketing especially during winter and your heater is in its maximum use? How about the hole in your pocket when you have to buy logs for fuel? Well, all these are shoved in the backburner when you choose to purchase an electric fireplace. Other than a beautiful heating decor, it works supplementary to your HVAC so that your utility bills won't increase dramatically. You save money while enjoying a nice, warm temperature.
- It is easy to install. Worrying about installation costs and efforts? No problem. There's no need to punch a hole in your wall and pocket, as these fireplaces can be easily purchased and assembled. The most expensive electric fireplace would be the tailor-made ones, customized to your desire. However, many items in the market are already impressive in their design and features, and you can conveniently take home your new fireplace or have it delivered to your doorstep whenever you want it.
- It is a safer choice. Traditional fireplaces that use gas and logs can cause safety risks, but that is not the case with an electric fireplace. No toxic fumes, no hot piping, no burning logs, no dust to be inhaled--these are just a few of the benefits in switching to electric. Your kids and pets can safely walk in the room without you fearing for their safety. Some automatically switch off, a nice feature for homeowners who forget to turn their appliances off.
- Caris Cruz